What is it?
- For sealing, protecting and repairing
- 100% waterproof
- Permanently elastic 750%
- Easy to apply (by cartridge gun)
- Bonds to almost all materials.
- Protection against corrosion and erosion
- All-weather and UV resistant
- Salt and chemical resistant
- Paintable (test first)
- Durable quality: durability of minimum 20 years (tested conform EN 1297)
- Waterbased, solvent-free, VOC-free, non-toxic
What does it do?
- Suitable for sealing, protecting and repairing virtually all materials, such as wood, concrete, stone, metal, zinc, bitumen, EPDM (test first), PVC, etc. Even good adhesion to PP/PE. Suitable for indoor and outdoor applications, such as bathrooms, roofs, cellars, walls and gardens.
- For waterproofing shower basins, floor seams, gutters, pipe conduits, window frame and skylight joints, ground level items, etc. Also suitable as anti-slip underlayer, metal and wood protection (for example, garden poles) and coating.
Do not use in temperatures ≤ +5°C.
Preliminary surface treatment
Surfaces must be dry, clean and free of dust and grease. Sand them if necessary.
Cartridge gun, spatula
Directions for use
- Apply coating with a cartridge gun and spread out within 10 to 15 minutes using a spatula or similar tool. After 30 to 60 minutes a surface skin forms, which can be loaded with (light) rainfall after 2 hours. Completely waterproof after 24 hours and is fully cured after 48 hours, depending on the layer thickness which is applied and ambient circumstances.
- Minimum layer thickness: 2 mm.
- Usage: 1.5-2.5 L/m2.
Minimum layer thickness: 2 mm.
Points of attention
- Do not apply at temperatures below +5°C. May be charged with (rain) water after 12 hours.
- If a joint sealant is used in combination with Rubber Seal®, we strongly recommend to use a neutral silicone sealant, for example a Silicone Sealant Construction, to prevent discoloration of the sealant.
- Properly sealed packages should be stored in a dry, cool, frostproof location at temperatures between +5°C and +25°C.
- Shelf life: At least 18 months in unopened package. Opened packaging reduces the shelf life.
Step-by-step tutorials Do you want to start doing a DIY job, but you could use some explanation about how to handle it? We have selected many examples to help you: step by step explained. Handy tips! We gathered some tips that come in handy. Not just for DIY jobs, but also for creative projects. Useful to know!
Rubber Seal Textile Tape
Strong and elastic textile tape for use in combination with BISON Rubber Seal