What is it?
- Mould resistant
- Very fast
- Permanently elastic
- UV and all-weather resistant
- (Sea)water resistant
- Resistant to temperatures between -50°C and +120°C
- Chemical resistant
- Easy to apply
- Excellent bonding without primer
- Not paintable
What does it do?
- For the sealing of seams, joints and crevices between wall, bath, shower cubicle, bathroom sink and kitchen counter in the sanitary areas like bathrooms, toilet and kitchens. Specifically for sealings in sanitary and ceramic applications, such as joints between wall and floor tiles, bath, shower cubicle, bathroom sink, kitchen counter, sink and tile walls. Also ideal for acrylic bathtubs, plastic shower bases and shower walls.
- Adheres to clear glass, ceramics, glazed tiles, enamel, metal, wood and various synthetics. Does not bond to bitumen, polyethylene, polypropylene and PTFE.
- Not suitable for aquariums; for this we recommend Bison Silicone Sealant Glass Transparent.
Only apply at temperatures between +5°C and +40°C.
The surface should be dry, clean and free of dust and grease. Synthetics should first be roughened and/or pre-treated with Bison Silicone Primer.
Preliminary surface treatment
For a good result, cover the joint’s edges with masking tape. If necessary, prevent three-sided bonding by filling the joint with a foam backer rod or PE film.
Apply cartridge with a Power Pistol. Multi Tool to open the cartridge and tooling the sealant.
Handling of packaging
Use sealant gun to handle cartridge. Open the cartridge by cutting off the plastic nipple on the top side at the screw thread with a sharp knife. Screw on the nozzle and chamfer at the desired width.
Directions for use
Ensure a minimum joint width of 6 mm and a maximum of 20 mm. The joint depth depends on the joint width. Keep a joint depth of 6 mm up to a joint width of 12 mm. Beyond that, the joint depth should be half the joint width. Inject the sealant evenly into the joint and tool within 10 minutes with a putty knife, moistened with a soap solution. Remove the applied masking tape immediately after tooling. After approx. 15 minutes, a surface skin will form.
Points of attention
Silicone hardens under the influence of humidity. Contact with humidity is therefore absolutely necessary during curing.
Immediately remove stains with white spirit. The cured sealant can only be removed mechanically or with Bison silicone sealant residue remover.
Store in properly sealed packaging in a dry place at between +5°C and +25°C.